Wednesday, November 5, 2008

This Is My Favorite Time of Year

This is my absolute most favorite time of year. Why? you ask. I'll tell you. First of all, I absolutely love the fall season because it finally starts to cool off and kind of starts to feel like we could actually have a winter season. Second of all, because, to me, fall always means family. I am so blessed that all of my family lives close enough to come visit for the holidays almost every year. It reminds me that I have so much to be THANKFUL for. My family means the world to me. (And it always means yummy food, which is just awesome!)

And then to top it all off, along comes Christmas. My most favorite holiday of them all. It's not about receiving gifts, it's not even really about giving them (although they are both fun). It's about the birth of Jesus Christ. And the significance that event holds. The greatest gift of them all was given to us in His birth, His crucifixion, and His Resurrection. And that is what I am MOST THANKFUL for. I am so thankful that He took upon Him my sins so that my burdens would be light. I am so thankful that He died for me, so that I could live. And while He did those things for all of mankind, I like to think that He did them for us as individuals not just us as a whole because He knows each one of us personally. He knows me personally and I know Him personally. And I am thankful for that too!

No comments: