Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Ben's the Big 0-2!

This is Ben. He is 2 today. It's amazing. He is such a fun little boy, he loves to laugh and smile, and it shows. Everyday he's happy, just in love with being a kid. He has such a genuine spirit.
Lately he has been saying actual words that make sense. And what is the most astonishing to me is how he uses them. He is so 'matter of fact' about things. I told him it was time to take a nap, he said "no," so plainly and definite that I had to laugh. No whining, no crying, just no. And it's almost like he thinks whining is a joke. Earlier his dad came home to wish him a happy birthday and to say hello then he had to go back to work, so we all go the window to wave bye and after he drives away Ben, with eyes squinting and a little whiny voice, says "Daddy, no bye bye Daddy, ooohhhh, nnnooo, Daaddddyy," and then started laughing. The great thing about him is that he's been like this since he was a tiny little baby. Always smiling and laughing (well, by 6 weeks anyway) and very playful, but so mellow. He's not so mellow anymore, but you get the point. He comes to me all the time pointing at where he was and telling me something in his little language and then laughs, like it was so funny. I love him. He just tugs at my heart-strings. He is so content just being. I love it. I just hope he stays this way!

No comments: