Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Boy of Few Words

Ben has just recently started saying words that we can understand. He's 2 1/2. I know it's kind of late, but Scott was a pretty late talker too. And I think that is how Zac will be too, but maybe not. Anyway, Ben talks a lot about trucks, bicycles, dirt bikes, and motorcycles. He calls all of them by the same thing... "be die" (the "be" means "big" or "dirt" and the "die" means "truck" or "bike"). He specifies by adding a "my" or "daddy's" or "Cottie's" (which means Scottie, BTW) in front. He also says "moe" for "water" and "go wee moe" for "go play in the water." But don't confuse that with "oh no moe mommy" which means "oh no, I need more mommy." And then there's "I eat uh mommy" which means "I want to eat something mommy." He says "ew" for "poo" so when I ask him if he has a dirty diaper he says "no I no got ews" or he doesn't answer which means he does. One of my favorites is "ruff ruff" that means "puppy or doggy." He also uses "ruff ruff" for just about every other animal he sees, but he does call cats "kee." Oh, and "t" means "thank you." The one word that he says that frustrates me the most is "be noi noi." I sincerely dislike this word. It has too many meanings to really be considered a word, it's more of a general use term that he uses whenever he can't think or say the right word. So that's Ben's very wide (haha) vocabulary. And here's a picture of him riding his "dirt bike" or in his words, "go bye bye on my be die humm" (the "humm" is his motor sound).

2 comments:

Laura said...

Okay I'll just take them all please! Isn't it funny how we can actually understand what their saying? I should try that with Anthony, "Hayden go be die and go wee moe today."

Lee said...

Wylee was a late talker too. Everything turned out fine. I think Avye might be the same way. My Dr. told me late talkers are brilliant thinkers!