Saturday, June 5, 2010

Low Rider

This baby of mine likes to ride low. I mean L-O-W. I'm so excited for her to be here. Not that I can't wait because I can. She needs more time, I need more time, my house and the whole family need more time. But I am so excited. She is going to be wonderful. We call her by her name all the time. (But I'm not telling until she's here) We talk about her like she's already here. She's going to be so loved and spoiled and cared for and doted upon... just like every girl deserves.
We had a bit of a scare with her. It wasn't really scary, just a stressful situation and a worrying time. During the ultrasound when we found out she was a girl they found something unusual in her brain. They found little cysts which might indicate a chromosonal abnormality, such as Downs Syndrome. So we had to have a few different tests to see what it was all about. I had a special blood test and a couple of "Level 2" ultrasounds. Level 2 ultrasounds are just a little stronger. Well after a few weeks of worrying the results were in and everything seems normal. We went back after a few more weeks to see if the cysts were being absorbed and they were, so that's good. We truly won't know for sure that she's okay until she's born and we see her, but it doesn't matter. She's going to be perfect whether she's "normal" or not. I completely believe that my Heavenly Father won't give me more than I can handle. And if it ever feels like too much, I know I can turn to Him and it will all be okay.
But anyway, she's a low rider... and whenever I really do go into labor, she just might come out in less than a couple of hours. Or like my father-in-law says, she might just fall out. lol

No comments: