Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Nesting... on Bed Rest

I think that is an oxymoron. Nesting on bed rest that is. How the heck am I supposed to be getting anything done for this little girl if I'm not supposed to do anything!?

It's very very frustrating.

I was put on bed rest two weeks ago. Supposedly for 6 weeks total. That means worst case senario I have 4 weeks left to my sentence. BUT, with any luck I will be given parole for good behavior. I go to the Dr. tomorrow. I have an ultrasound scheduled to see if my cervix is changing at all and to check on her size. Two weeks ago she was measuring a few days bigger than I am, but the amniotic fluid was a little bit low so now I have to have that checked every two weeks with the ultrasound also. I was told to drink lots of water (duh) and to take a warm bath everyday. Well... my bath tub is on the small side and I am not. SO I concluded that a warm swimming pool should work the same way, right? Right, so that's what I'm doing, but we don't have a pool so I'm trying for every other day right now. I guess we'll see.

I had some odd swelling of my feet and ankles over the weekend. It was really sudden and very painful. It felt like my legs were on fire. So I had to go into the hospital to have it checked out. They needed to monitor my blood pressure. All and all everything was fine and I went home an hour later. And from that hospital visit they concluded that I hadn't dialated anymore than my previous visit. Almost at 1cm. So that's good. Anyway, I go in tomorrow and I have some hope that he will tell me I can do more than go to the bathroom and make a sandwich. :)

My boys are having a really hard time with all of this too. It's not just me. Their attitudes have gotten significantly nastier. Not only with each other, but in response to others too. And that just pisses me off.

No comments: